Type:Complete Bespoke E-Commerce Web Site Build
Programming and Build: Jason Coman
Babyprints approached with a requirement to build a new CMS based E-Commerce website that allowed users to purchase items using Paypal and adding a full gift voucher facility to the site.
Diagnosis Of The Client's Requirements
Through a number of face-to-face meetings with the client, their specific requirements and goals for the website to meet were established. These included:
- Coming up with a new design for the site.
- Ensure that the site was E-Commerce allowing users to purchase using Paypal and allowing the purchase of gift vouchers.
- Adding a facility for the user to search on the interactive map for branches near to their location.
- Ensure the website can be updated by the company director to add new products as and when needed.
- The site should be fully mobile responsive as far as possible.
Now the clients exact requirements were determined, a PSD mock-up design of the new website layout and design was created to allow the client to visualise the final outcome before coding started. Once the design was agreed, the functionality of the website was determined to ensure that their customers got the most out of the website. Over the next two months the new website was built using the PSD design and functionality specifications agreed for the site. During the design build, the client was kept in the loop as to how the website was progressing on a regular basis. This was to ensure that the website was still meeting expectations and that the requirements hadn't changed from the original specification. Once the website was built, it was fully tested in desktop and mobile devices to ensure all was correct. Once the client was happy with the website, the new website was activated live.
The client was extremely happy with the new home page design once finished and can now add new products to the website with ease and even maintain the list of gift vouchers purchased through the site as well.